Pages

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Echo Park Fashionista Purse

Hi there Echo Park Fans - Tya here to share with you a fun 3D paper project. I  love making 3D paper crafts so when I got the fabulous Fashionista line to work with I knew I had to make one of these fun paper purses. The papers and icons of this collection were perfect for this project.
To make this project I turned to my trusty Silhouette Cameo and found this adorable purse designed by Samantha Walker. She included a link to a very useful tutorial over on her blog to assemble this purse. I followed the cutting and assembling instructions and put the bag together.

I chose to use the Makeup Time paper as the base of my purse. The pattern reminded me of a fancy Coach or Louis Vuitton bag. I also used a piece of Dark Pink Coordinating Solid and the Gold Coordinating Solid as the other papers to make this bag. It's the perfect size to add a gift card or even cute for a party favor. (insert Tya Smith Fashionista photo 1 here)
I put the bag together using lots of strong liquid adhesive so I would be sure the curved parts of the bag would stay. I added some mini white brads to the  bag to hold the straps on. I added a little bit of Glossy Accents to the buckle die cuts to make them shine a little like real buckles. 
The "Chic Happens" tag is from the Frames and Tags Ephemera pack. I added some floral stickers from the Element Sticker sheet. I also added a few enamel dots to the tag. I also die cut a paper tassel using the 3D Tassel Die Set with some Dark Teal Coordinating Solid paper. I rolled the die into a tight circle and then used a hole punch to make a hole in the top and then added the tag and the tassel to the purse with some black crochet thread. 
I finished off the purse with another floral sticker from the Element Stickers and added it to the bottom corner with some foam tape. I added a black enamel dot to the flower center for some added bling. 
This card was super fun to make and the adorable Fashionista collection made it so much more fun! I can't wait to give this to one of my gal pals with a fun gift card in it. Hopefully I have inspired you to make one of these purses for your own! Happy Crafting!

Products Used:
Tombow Multi Liquid Glue
Scor Tape
Mini white brads
Glossy Accents
Black Crochet Thread
Hole Punch
Foam Tape


No comments: